In order to get this visa, you must:
- have the skills and qualifications to nominate a 50 or 60-point occupation on the Skilled Occupation List;
- have completed an degree, diploma or trade qualification, while in Australia as a result of at least two years full-time study in a course on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS);
- apply within 6 months of completing this qualification –ie from the date when you met all academic requirements for this qualification;
- have held a Student visa within 6 months of lodging your application (excluding ELICOS, government sponsored, AusAid and Defence Sector Students);
- qualification awarded during this two-year period must be closely related to your nominated occupation
The major advantages of applying for this visa are exemption from the work experience requirement and also entitlement to a Bridging Visa after your student visa expires. This means that you can lawfully remain in Australia while your application is being processed.