This visa is for people who wish to work in Australia temporarily. It allows you to work between 3 months and 4 years for your sponsoring employer. The application process consists of 3 stages:1. Sponsorship
- at this stage your prospective employer applies for approval as a business sponsor and submits all relevant documentation evidencing that they meet sponsorship criteria.2. Nomination
- at this stage the employer nominates the vacant position to be filled by an overseas entrant. 3. Visa Application
- at this stage you demonstrate that you meet the actual visa criteria.All 3 stages must be successful for you to obtain this visa.
The applications for sponsorship, nomination and visa can be lodged together or separately, but you cannot apply for a visa if no sponsorship application has been lodged by your prospective employer.
To be eligible for this visa, you will need to demonstrate the following:
• you have been nominated by an approved sponsor
• you have the skills that match the approved nomination
• you meet health and character requirements
If your occupation is on the Migration Occupations in Demand List
, you have greater chances to find employment and your visa application will be granted priority processing. Should you wish to apply for permanent skilled migration, having an occupation which is in demand will entitle you to bonus points.
You can check the demand for your occupation, skills and experience by searching various employment sites. You can send your job application and resume directly to Australian employers, but bear in mind that not every one of them would be willing to sponsor an overseas entrant.
Alternatively, you can e-mail us
your detailed resume outlining your education, qualifications, skills and work experience, stating the dates of your employment and employers’ names and addresses, listing all duties and tasks you performed in each position, and indicating your English language ability (basic/intermediate/advanced). If there is a matching vacancy on any of the state sovernment
or other databases, we may submit your resume on your behalf, however, we do not guarantee a positive outcome.